LANSING- As expected, Congressman Fred Upton (R) continues to sell out Michigan and America. Upton was one of the 13 Republicans that voted for the Build Back Better plan, which passed the House late last night.
The congressman has:
- voted against the border wall
- supported the New Green Deal
- voted to impeach President Trump and supported the January 6th commission and called the actual summer riots “bogus”
- voted to remove confederate statues from the US Capitol
- voted to abolish qualified immunity to police officers
- voted to remove Marjorie Taylor Greene from her committees
- supported the anti-terrorism bill
- has the 8th highest net worth in the House of $87 Million
And this is just naming a few. According to GovTrack.us, Upton ranks 15th most politically left compared to House Republicans.